A.G.A. Geo-Grids are perfect for soil reinforcement for steep earth slopes, retaining walls and the stabilisation of weak ground.
A.G.A. Geo-Grids create a reinforcing function by supporting the penetration of soil/rock particles or other geotechnical materials through the grids apertures by interlocking the particles.
Geo-Grids are used in layers with suitable fill to create a stiff mechanically stabilised layer within the soil, vastly improving its load bearing capacity and for reinforcement of non-cohesive soils, cohesive soils and formations made of coarse-grained materials.
Geo-Grid reinforced steep slopes and embankments cost significantly less than conventional concrete or gabions retaining structures. A.G.A. Geo-Grids used for soil reinforcement can accommodate very high loads.
Benefits of A.G.A. Geo-Grids:
- High tensile strength at low elongation
- Very low strain at maximum load
- High resistance to chemicals in soils
- High level of microbiological resistance
- Excellent resistance to damage during installation
- Optimal interlocking with coarse grained soils
- High pull-out resistance
- Low values of creep ensure long term stability
- Increased stability of embankments
- Reduces volume of earthworks
- Preserve natural appearance of slopes
- Easy construction even in wintertime
- Cuts the construction costs and time
- The stabilisation of steep river and reservoir banks
- Vegetated retaining walls
- Reinforcing embankments of road, car parks and railways
- Permanent, short term, temporary and emergency vehicle parking
- Embankments constructed on piles
- Reinforcement of fillings and soils on construction sites
- Landslip repairs
- The construction of noise barriers and bunds
- Reinforcement of unstable foundations
Vegetation is often an integral part of the design where Geo-Grids are used, where required our consultants will always advise on suitable planting methods and species. A.G.A. Geo-Grids are available in strengths from 20kN/m to 350kN/m. Bi-axial grids offer strength in both directions. Uni-axial grids provide the principal strength in one direction.
Where required we can design and have manufactured Geo-Grids produced to higher strengths to suit a client’s own specification..